Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Motor Problems after crash??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Jimmmaaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Problems after crash??

Hi, I have an eflite park 400 outrunner and i crashed my plane which had that motor on it today. Now, when i turn the motor, it makes a faint clicking sound, its not as smooth, and if feels like the endbell(?.. the part with the magnets that fits over the windings) can be lifted up. The setscrews look right but i can move the shaft in and out of the back piece (where the windings are). In this spot, it looks like the only thing holding the motor shaft in place is a small clip (E clip maybe?). What is the problem and how can i fix it.. thanks
Old 08-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Motor Problems after crash??

It's going to be pretty much impossible to tell what the problem is without taking it apart. I would guess that even though everything looks okay, the impact probably caused the shaft to be jammed back through the bell, or the bell to slide forward on the shaft. That's where the for and aft movement came from.

The clicking you hear is probably either a damaged bearing, or a bent shaft, causing the magnets to contact with the field windings.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Motor Problems after crash??

BTW, if you're not comfortable with taking the motor apart, it might be a good idea to send it in to Horizon for service.