Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

gws 350 motor won't run

Old 08-27-2005, 12:33 PM
eggvoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gws 350 motor won't run

The motor is relatively new with maybe a dozen or more flights in my Estarter running 2c lipo's. Ran when I used it last, preflight this morning and nothing. Hooked direct to battery and nothing. Put another motor in airplane and everything is fine. Don't believe I could have cooked it, never have with others with my 2c lipo. Maybe it is just defective or is there something I can take apart and look for? Thanks for any input. Larry
Old 08-27-2005, 04:10 PM
jonnyjetprop
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: gws 350 motor won't run

Sorry, but its cooked. There are no user servicable parts in the motor, but if you want, you can open it up. Why it cooked, can't say.

John
Old 08-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What prop and gearbox? My first 350 running on a C gearbox and a 9x7 prop lasted 8 hours. The second one is up to about 22 now.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:55 AM
eggvoel

Running a 1047 GWS prop. Been experimenting some with B, C & D gearing and props.
Never thought about cooking a motor with 8.4v max, but this may be something to look out for. GWS web motor web site shows with C gearing max thrust with this prop which is what I was looking for. Hoping to see if that will lift off with GWS floats eventually.
Didn't think they would list a prop that would cook their motor.
I know, everyone says go brushless and I will eventually when I can afford it. Also flying (learning) a Formosa with 350 B, same batteries and starting to ge more relaxed with it. Self taught and these web sites are great. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is the nature of these brushed motors that they will eventually fail. In my two years of flying, I've gone through about 3 of the 300/350's so far. 50 hours is the max so far, 8 the least.

I know what you're saying about going brushless. Time is on our side, though. Prices are coming down for these items.