Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Convert Sweet Stick - Recent convert to eflight from gas

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Convert Sweet Stick - Recent convert to eflight from gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 07:40 PM
rdgosselin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Sweet Stick - Recent convert to eflight from gas

I attempted to get into electric flight (Smaller plane) a few years ago but received bad advice. I am ready to move forward now. I am a fairly experienced builder and gas plane pilot, though due to lack of time have not been doing much for the last 2-3 years. I have been mostly into .40-.60 size gas planes. I would like to be in the .40 size but in electric. I currently have on the shelf a Thunder Tiger "Sweet Stick" that I would like to convert. Can someone help me through the process. I would like to know what motor, battery, etc. I would also like an understanding of the theory behind it. Should I buy one of the motor calc. type programs? Would this help?

Thanks in advance for the help
Russ
Old 08-27-2005, 08:44 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Convert Sweet Stick - Recent convert to eflight from gas

What kind of flying do you want to do? 3D or just cruise? I just put a HiMax 2625/2700 direct drive in a TT ARC Sweet Stick and was pleasntly suprised. It wasn't fast but flew respectably. I'm going to replace it with an AXI2826/10 as the HiMax was just an experiment. I have an AXI 2826/12 in a Magic and it can do everything that a .46 will do.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:59 PM
rdgosselin

Default RE: Convert Sweet Stick - Recent convert to eflight from gas

Thanks for the reply. I would like it to MOVE like a .46 or .50 would. I have not done any 3D and am not interested as yet in that. I am interested in good products with out overspending.