Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

how to get motor to push instead of pull

Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 AM
flyingfury2691975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get motor to push instead of pull

hello i urgently need help and im new to the electric scene.Ive just bought an ultrafly f16 and a brushless out runner ive mounted the motor in the sugested way at the rear as a pusher.But no matter which way i put on the prop it pulls instead of pushing.Prop is APC7.5 e can some body please help much appreciated
Old 09-04-2005, 08:32 AM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: how to get motor to push instead of pull

Make sure the front of the prop faces forward and switch any two of the three motor wires to reverse direction of rotation....Jim
Old 09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
jdetray

Default RE: how to get motor to push instead of pull

Changing the way the prop is mounted on the shaft does not change the direction of its airflow. If mounted backwards, the airflow will still be in the same direction. It will just be weaker.

Mount the prop so that the lettering on the prop faces forward, toward the front of the plane. Then, as Jim says, swap any two of the motor wires to get the prop turning in the right direction.

- Jeff