Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

How to wire Ultrafly Brushless motor???

Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 AM
bronicabill
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire Ultrafly Brushless motor???

Hello folks,

I'm about to buy my first brushless motor, and the one I've decided on is the Ultrafly 06 series. The problem is, all 3 wires coming from the motor case are black, and no mention is made in the instruction sheet on how to wire it! Every other brushless motor I've looked at had color-coded wiring to match up to the ESC, but not this one.

Sooooo.... a stupid newbie question. How the heck do you know which wire on the Ultrafly motor to connect to the proper wire on the ESC???

Thanks in advance for answering this one!

Bill R.
AMA 16192
Old 09-05-2005, 10:23 AM
jdetray

Default RE: How to wire Ultrafly Brushless motor???

Hi Bill-

The wires coming from a brushless motor all have the same function and are not color coded. Some motors have three different colors of wire, some have all three wires the same color, but the colors mean nothing. There is no need to match colors with the ESC wires.

Connect the three motor wires to the three wires of your brushless ESC in any order. If the motor turns the wrong direction, swap any two of the wires.

Do NOT swap the the ESC-to-battery wires! You must maintain the correct polarity there. Reversing the battery wires will likely destroy your ESC!

- Jeff
Old 09-05-2005, 11:35 AM
bronicabill
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: How to wire Ultrafly Brushless motor???

Got it... thanks! I figured it had to be something simple, but I had to ask since it wasn't specified in the instruction sheet with the motor.