Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Leisure "05" Motor (what is it and will it work?)

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Leisure "05" Motor (what is it and will it work?)

Old 09-09-2005, 10:49 PM
rfisher57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leisure "05" Motor (what is it and will it work?)

Hey guys...Have according to sticker on can a Leisure "05" stock motor from an Amptique R/C motor glider from quite a few years back. Wanting to know if this motor fits the bill for motor required for a flying wing calling for a speed 400 motor (Wedgie speed 400). If not what would you recommend. Am very perplexed but willing to learn about electrics as am long time glow engine guy! Thanks, Bob.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Leisure "05" Motor (what is it and will it work?)

The "Leisure "05" dates back to the feud between Bob and Roland Boucher. It is a Speed 600 equivalent motor and would be way too heavy for anything calling for a "400." Astroflight still troes to name their motors according to "wet-power" nomencalture, but it's misleading.

That said the "Leisure 05" is a good basic ferrite motor designed for 6-8 cells and about 20 maps. It's a better motor for gearing than for direct drive in my opinion.
Walt
Old 09-10-2005, 10:55 AM
rfisher57

Default RE: Leisure "05" Motor (what is it and will it work?)

Just what I wanted to know! Thanks Walt, Bob.