Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Is there a complete list of motor thrust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 05:02 PM
jerrit1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a complete list of motor thrust?

Is there a complete list of motor thrust for all of the different kinds/types/costs of motors?
I am looking at building an F-4 phantom foam plane, 30" wing span.
Dont know what motor to use but am on a very tight budget.
There are the all the brushed 300/350/400 motors, the BL motors like the Highmaxx etc and the CDR motors.
Whats the best motor for preferably less than $40
I will run 3cell lipo 1200mah packs

Thanks,

Jerrit
Old 09-14-2005, 12:06 AM
jdetray

Default RE: Is there a complete list of motor thrust?

I don't know of anywhere to find a complete list of thrust specs such as you mention. The number of different motors, props, gearboxes, and battery packs would result in thousands of different combinations.

The closest thing is probably The Great Electric Motor Test at [link=http://www.flyingmodels.org/index_en.htm]Flyingmodels.org[/link]. It has specs for many different motors.

For homemade brushless motors, the Performance Database at [link=http://www.gobrushless.com]GoBrushless.com[/link] has a lot of good info about motors made from their parts, and the [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/]Hobby-Lobby web site[/link] has some information on the many motors they sell.

You are probably aware that thrust alone is not the full story. For 3D planes, static thrust is a fairly useful number. However, for a fast-flying plane, pitch speed may be much more important.

Hopefully, someone familiar with your type of plane will contribute their expertise on a suitable power system for your plane.

- Jeff
Old 09-14-2005, 08:23 AM
jerrit1

Thanks for your help Jeff.
So far it would seem the biggest bang for the buck is the GWS EPS350 with C gearbox and a 1047 prop giving off almost 600g thrust on a 3-cell li-poly pack, unfortunately motor life is pretty low due to the high voltage/amp stress.
This motor and gearbox is about $22. anyone have any other motor suggestions?

I was unable to find any motor info as it pertained to pitch.

thanks,

Jerrit
Old 09-14-2005, 09:20 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Take a look at my posting under "Parkflyers Edge 540T Motor Specs".
I attached full specs on the three motors they recommend for it. They run around $29.
Who knows, maybe one of these will fit your plane and budget.