Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

GP Supersportster EP with lipos?

Old 09-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Noin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Supersportster EP with lipos?

Mt father has the plane mentioned above. It comes with a 550 brushed motor and a 8.4V Ni pack. Has anyone used a 3S lipo pack with this plane and motor combo? Do you think the motor would survive the increase in voltage?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:22 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Default RE: GP Supersportster EP with lipos?

I would think a 2S LiPo would be a better choice. I have been flying a GP Electrostreak with a 7cell 2400 NiCd. Flew great with lots of power and a Magnetic Meyhem motor. 8.4v is a lot closer to the 2cell LiPo than the 3cell.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Noin

We have tried it with a 2S but the power drop is very noticable, even with the weight savings of the lipo pack.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:45 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

The reason I used a Kyosho Magnetic Meyhem in my Electrostreak is that the stock motor is marginal. This was a $20 upgrade and well worth the money. I have this SuperSportster EP also, but it's still in the box. Too many planes. The kit comes with a 2100MAH NiCd. Have you tried flying with the supplied battery? I got my hands on a reverse wind Magnetic Meyhem and intend to replace the stock motor with it. Reverse wind because of the gearbox. Mine will be flying with the supplied battery and a 2400 and two 1900 batteries that I have.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I have purchased the Super Sportster EP and have the same question. I did a search and found the following threads, you may want to take a look since they have some suggestions on the power systems.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#3311262

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#3311262

Hope it helps, let me know what works best for you.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller
Old 09-29-2005, 11:18 PM
rockafeller

I have the supersportster EP its SO SWEET with 3 cell lipo, Im using a 2350mah 3cell lipo from Falcon batterys here in Houston TX. They have the very best lipos on the market. My SS is all stock except the battery and I put a deans connector on the stock ESC. Got about 5 charges of flight on the plane in this config. and nothing weard, except 100% more power, and flights of at least 15 mins. The ni-cad will get you off the ground, but you will soon yern for more duration and power. As for the motor G.P. has a 600 EPIC motor that looks nice, im going to try it. I'll post the results. Any one know of a brushed ESC thats any good for this plane, how good could the stock one be?, when the whole plane cost 120?