Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Speed 400 Motor?

Old 09-20-2005, 06:23 AM
gul532

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed 400 Motor?

I am now building an Old Timer plane and according to the instruction a Speed 400 motor and a gear box are to be put on it.
Then, can I use a GWS 400 motor and its gear box on it?

The above mentioned Speed 400 motor really means long can 400, that is 480 motor?
Is the GWS 400 motor not enough to power the plane?

Your valuable advices would be appreciated.

Glen
Melbourne, Australia
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speed 400 Motor?

If it's a standard geared Speed 400, then a GWS EPS400 geared would be a good choice.

"Long Can Speed 400s" are also called Speed 480s sometimes, though a true "Speed 480" motor is bigger in diameter.

Whether the geared 400 would be adequate for the airplane depends on how much it weighs. If you can save a few ounces with LiPoly batteries, it might make enough difference that the 400 system will work.