Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Himaxx Vs Mega, What 2 or 6 poles a difference it make

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Himaxx Vs Mega, What 2 or 6 poles a difference it make

Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM
bmichels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himaxx Vs Mega, What 2 or 6 poles a difference it make

Hello, I am hesitating between a HiMaxx 2815-2000 and a MEga 16/15/4 for my Mpw TwinJet (Draggy Twin pusher jet)

But....I was told that that

1 - the Tornado (Himaxx) is less quality than the MEGA 16/15 and

2 - Himaxx is only 2 poles while Mega is 6 poles.

It is true ?

What 2 or 6 poles a difference it make for usage ?

thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himaxx Vs Mega, What 2 or 6 poles a difference it make

The Himaxx is certainly not a poor motor by any stretch of the imagination... It's not built as heavily so it can't take the kinds of whallops (crashes) that the Mega can, but it still turns a prop with the best of them.

The number of poles is one factor in determining how fast the motor spins on a given number of Volts.

The Mega has a much lower Kv rating, meaning that it spins much more slowly on a given voltage. It's a good motor for direct driving a small prop for a fast propjet style airplane like the Twinjet. On the other hand, you will not be able to spin a useful propeller with the Himaxx. It's so "hot" that it needs a gearbox.