Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Space Scooter Pinion Gear Problem

Old 09-23-2005, 08:25 PM
usmcculp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Space Scooter Pinion Gear Problem

I need some Help. I bought a new BB motor for my Space scooter and needed to get the pinion gear off the old motor and on the new one. Shaft sizes are the same at 2.3mm Getting it off the old motor was no prob, but now I can not get it to fit on the new motor shaft. For that matter it will not go back on the old shaft either. Is there a trick to getting the pinion gear on the Shaft. Thanks for the Help.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Space Scooter Pinion Gear Problem

That's certainly a better problem than the pinion falling off.

What you need to do is press the pinion on to the shaft. The most important thing NOT to do is push on the motor body. That'll wreck the motor. Rather, push on the motor's shaft.

They make special pinion presses, but I've had success using a regular vise. If you can support the back end of the shaft, you can also gently tap the pinion on with a hammer. Just make sure you don't push against the motor body...