Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Do I have to change my speed controller?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
rob.l
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have to change my speed controller?

I am making the switch from NIHM battery to a Lipoly. I am currently running a GWS speed 400 controller with a geared falcon 400 can motor on my PC-9. I will be using a 9.6v 1200mah lipo. Do I need to change anything?
thanks
Rob
Old 09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Ron Landram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I have to change my speed controller?

You do not have to change the controller, but you should be aware that if your speed controller is not programmable to cut off the motor power at 3 volts per Li Poly cell, you run the risk of ruining the battery or worse, having a fire.

If you go to a brushless motor, you would have to change it.

They make brushed motor speed controllers that are programmable pretty cheap and I would recommend you get one.

Error on the side of safety.