Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Spinner screws

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
RK-Aircraft
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spinner screws

Anybody out there know where i can get a metric spinner screw for my electric in 1mmx3"? I've looked everywhere on the net and specialties. Also checked with microfasteners and no luck. [sm=drowning.gif]

Old 11-04-2005, 01:05 PM
RGN01

Default RE: Spinner screws

Do I read this right as 1mm diameter and three inches (approx. 75mm long)? I use a lot of metric fasteners but I've never seen anything like that.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:33 PM
RK-Aircraft

Well the original spinner cracked and I don't know who sells the replacement. The spinner I used is longer, so the stock screw is too short.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:03 PM
RGN01

Garcay, I'm not doubting you, I'm just trying to ensure that I understand the request properly because we have a large selection of metric fasteners available here in the UK and I've not see such small screws.

These sites list the standard metric thread sizes and they only go down to 1.6mm.
[ul][*] [link=http://www.efunda.com/DesignStandards/screws/screwm_coarse.cfm]Metric coarse pitch[/link][*] [link=http://www.efunda.com/DesignStandards/screws/screwm_fine.cfm]Metric fine pitch[/link]
[/ul]

Can you measure the pitch of the screw? Measure how far in it screws when turned, say, 10 full turns.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:05 PM
RK-Aircraft

Allright, I'll try it and get back to you. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:21 PM
RGN01

One final thought, 1mm is just about 1/25 inch - perhaps compare the diameter to a drill bit of that size or close. I use [link=http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/] this conversion utility [/link] to convert all different units - perhaps it will help.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
RK-Aircraft

Thanks. I'll let you know. Currently, I'm in the office. I'll check it out when I get home.