Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless plane size, power and propeler

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Harald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless plane size, power and propeler

I`m new to brushless motors and trying to get familiar with types and sizes of motors and batterys, so I`m looking for a easy way to find the right motor-battery-propeler combination for a spesific plane, any kind of selection guide, calculator or table..
When i see the data for a spesific motor like: 32 A 7-10 cells number of turns: 4 it says me about nothing... compare to 2 stroke- 8cc 1,8 hp 17000 rpm it gives me and idea about the size of the motor.
Even a table that compare brushless against brushed motors like; 400, 480 would be helpful.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:29 PM
jdetray

Default RE: Brushless plane size, power and propeler

Hello Harald,

Unfortunately, there is no standard numbering or naming system for brushless motors. Each manufacturer has its own system. You can't even compare the number of turns between manufacturers. Because of differences in motor design, one manufacturer's 4-turn can be similar to another manufacturer's 7-turn, for example.

Here one resource that might help: [link=http://www.flyingmodels.org/index_en.htm]The Great Electric Motor Test.[/link]

Also, if you post details of the plane you wish to power, perhaps someone who has powered a similar plane will post specific recommendations for you.

- Jeff
Old 11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
RockyMtnFlyBoy

Harald:

I'm told that MotoCalc is a good program for estimating which motor - battery combination works. You can download the program for a free month's trial. I played with it during the free trial, and plan to purchase it the next time I need to outfit an electric. Good luck. Let me know if you like MotoCalc. I don't know the URL but no doubt you can Google it.

RockyMtnFlyBoy
Boulder, CO
Old 11-07-2005, 01:23 AM
jdetray

[link=http://www.motocalc.com/]MotoCalc[/link].

- Jeff
Old 11-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Harald

Tank you for the tip the program is top!