Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

What Planes Are You Using A BP21 Brushless In?

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

What Planes Are You Using A BP21 Brushless In?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:43 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Planes Are You Using A BP21 Brushless In?

Many of us know the Balsa Products BP21 outrunner with the BP30 amp speed control can be bought for only around $56 from Balsa Products. It's the motor of choice for Stryker users running non-geared on a 3 cell lipo and 7x6 electric prop. While there are faster motors out there, this motor is reported to push the Stryker to around 85mph and has plenty of torque too. I'm curious what other planes you guys are using this motor in, geared or not, and what motor it replaced? What size prop and battery are you pushing it with and give us an overview of the plane's performance (Unlimited verticle, speed, etc). I've got a Challenger I plan to throw one on as well as other projects in mind and am curious what planes it is working well with?

On a Stryker it's FAST, has good power, and will run on a 2000ma lipo for a long flight time. It won't do unlimited verticle...atleast as heavy as I build the Stryker, and I don't know how fast it's going but I'm passing trucks on the nearby highway with it.