Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

CC HV 85 problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:09 AM
awat65
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CC HV 85 problem

I am having a problem with my speed controller a Castle Creation HV 85. Earlier this week everthing was soldered up and it worked fine. The motor ran in the right direction and all was good, but now the motor and speed controller are in the plane it does not work. The speed controller just flashes it red light. What am I doing wrong?.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CC HV 85 problem

It sounds like you are not getting a signal from the Rx to the esc, or Tx to the Rx.
Does everything else work? Try checking the connections to start.
Even try switching the Esc's Rx lead to another spot on the Rx and see if it works.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:25 AM
allelectric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CC HV 85 problem

I have recently purchased a castle creations pheonix HV 85 and put it with a Eflite power 110. I had trouble getting the programing link to my computer to see the speed control. When I finally did get it to see it. I just set it to the factory defaults. I hooked it up in my new Hangar 9 Frenzy. Got both tones. The first from center throttle to 0 throttle for 4 seconds tones up to full throttle for tones. Motor did what I would call a stutter. And the speed control smoked[]. I have called the factory to see what they will do. I will repost when I get an answer from customer service. My personal opinion of my HV -85 is not very happy at this point. signed
allelectric