Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

HiMax 2025 4100 KV pulling hi amps

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 03:21 PM
BNDWTH
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiMax 2025 4100 KV pulling hi amps

Merry Christmas everyone,

I have a HiMax 2025 4100 and a CC25 with a three cell 2100 lipo pack. I just received the Hobby People Wild Wing and was doing some bench test to see if the HiMax and CC25 would be a good combination.

Bench test problem 1, I have a 5X5 prop directly connected to the HiMax and at 3/4 throttle I am pulling 25 Amps and the CC ESC shuts down, which is normal. I have never used a HiMax with out a gearbox and did not expect the motor to pull that many Amps just by having a small prop directly connected.

I am not going to be flying this wing in combat first of all. That said could somebody please help me get this HiMax and CC25 to work in the wing. This is my first wing and the instruction called for the 5X5 prop. That is where I started. Do I have to find a diffrent diameter/pitch prop?

If you guys that are flying the wings have any insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HiMax 2025 4100 KV pulling hi amps

That motor is not really intended for direct drive on three cells, hence the high amp draw on a small prop. The 3200ish kv is a better choice for 3s lipo direct drive but you can try maybe a 5x3 prop or go 2s and larger to get the amp draw lower.