Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Feigao 540 Brushless Motor

Old 01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
2slick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feigao 540 Brushless Motor

Anyone out there that has experience with the Feigao 5408412XL motor? I bought this as a relatively inexpensive alternative to the Hacker B50XL.
I made the same query to the place I bought the motor, Balsa Products, but they don't know much about it.
I can find very little on this particular motor, but from what I have read on the Hacker, it requires 16 to 24 cells. OK, that's around 18-28V, so I'm looking
at using 5 to 7 li po cells. I don't have a problem with making that investment, but I do not wish to fry the motor. So, if any of you kind folks have
input, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
adam_one

Default RE: Feigao 540 Brushless Motor

You might be interested in checking out following link:
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307274]How many cells on Feigao 5408412XL ?[/link]
Old 01-11-2006, 07:38 AM
2slick

Default RE: Feigao 540 Brushless Motor

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Adam One! That thread you suggested appears to be exactly what I was hoping to find !!!