Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help! - Typhoon outrunners any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:23 AM
wollins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! - Typhoon outrunners any good?

I came across these outrunners at http://www.warbirds-rc.com/Merchant...ategory_Code=WH and was just wondering if people out there would care to share their experiences with them.

They seem like fantastically powerfull motors for the price. So much so that it begs the question ... are these "too good to be true"??

I'm particularly interested in the HET-RC - Typhoon 29/12/10 ... the specs claim 500watt plus ??? Any input on these motors would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:31 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Help! - Typhoon outrunners any good?

Typhoons seem to be pretty decent motors. My only brushless flyer now is a GWS Formosa on a Typhoon 15/10 (APC 10X6 SF prop, big 2S LiPo.) It is good for "normal" aerobatics. I hear it is a rocket on a 3S LiPo. Lots of people seem to be happy using the smaller Typhoons on indoor - parkflyer planes.

I do not know anybody who is using the bigger Typhoons but the small ones seem OK.