Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

BP 40 Amp ESC NEED HELP!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 PM
mrblucor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BP 40 Amp ESC NEED HELP!

Hello All,
I just got a BP 40A brushless ESC and I can't make it work! I connect as per instructions and hear beeps. I can't get out of program mode and into run mode. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have these problems with BP? I have been doing this about a year now with all brushless planes. I've used Castle 10's, 25's, 35's and 45's. Jeti 18, and Align 25 speed controls and have had no problems with any of them. The instructions from BP are lame but look workable. Maybe I'm mis-reading them, here is the link....
http://www.balsapr.com/pdf/bp40A_bp60A_esc.pdf

Please help!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:19 PM
mrblucor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BP 40 Amp ESC NEED HELP!

Hello again,
I solved my problem. I was running from a 10Amp bench power supply. When the controller pulses the motor (to make beeps) it draws more than 10 amps causing the controller to reset. Solution was to run controller/motor from a battery.
BP 40A ESC and a Mega 16/15/2.......