Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

thunder tiger =AXI elec.motors

Old 02-01-2006, 02:56 AM
RCFREEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder tiger =AXI elec.motors

i hv the thunder tiger 2924/11, which has the exact same specs as the axi2208/34. and the TT 2928/09 has the same specs as the axi2212/34. how do the two compare in terms of performance? the TT motors run fine. so what the hype about axi?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:19 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: thunder tiger =AXI elec.motors

Rcfreek:

If the specs are the same, the motors should perform closely. The AXI motors simply perform as per their claimed specs, and like Hacker are the quality the crowd trys to equal. Have been flying axi mainly for the past year, and they all work well as claimed in their applications. Have purchased some cheep motors like Allign, howeverr never put any of them on a airplane after checking them out on a Watt meeter. They just suck more amps than they should and get hot. All my axi's and 2 hackers stay cool in their 3-d applications and give me 15-18 minutes flight time. There are some good little motors out there I understand, but have all I need for the time being. I don't have to buy-buy-buy any more to find what works well with various airframes. I have been a solid customer of www.rcxplanes.com for close to a year, love their airplanes, tough inexpensive above all great flying little airplanes. You can rely on thir recommendtions for eqipment as they do a lot of testing and give you great advise even if they dont sell that specific product. Above all, a money back guarantee of satisfaction, that no one I know of has ever had to take them up on. In 50 plus year in the hobby, the only other people I feel are completely streight with me are Chip Hyde, Mike McConville, Dub Jett and Bob, Performance Specialities people including YS. Thats a pretty short list considering. Being retired, I must spend my money correctly the first time, just can't afford to do my own R & D. Hope this helps you.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:21 AM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: thunder tiger =AXI elec.motors

Rcfreek:
rmenke is right on the money here. Go with either first hand knowlage of quality or find someone whos experience you trust. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying something new if you can afford it but if someone else has already tried the comparason then use that knowlage base.

One more thing rmenke is correct about is that I have yet to have even been asked to buy back any RCXPLANES product. I have only replaced or bought back one HS-55 servo and one GWS 6NII/H/F Rx without question. I hate defective parts so I know you do to.

Bud