Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

CC25 and Ultrafly A/30/24 Problems ??

Old 02-21-2006, 04:05 AM
jrandle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC25 and Ultrafly A/30/24 Problems ??

Hi,

I have had some terrible problems with my Castle Creations Phoenix 25 ESC and the Ultrafly A/20/24 in the direct drive configuration. At around 1/2 to 2/3 throttle I get a terrible reasonance from the motor and it tries to tear the test stand apart. I have tried props from 4.5" up to 6"x4". I have used two different prop balancers. I have used 2 cell, 3 cell batteries and a laboratory power supply. I have tried 3 different samples of the same motor due to the great support of my supplier. I have changed timing on esc.

Then I got a MEGA 16/15/4 and it runs like a dream. I would love to know what was going on with the Ultrafly and if I have a problem with the esc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Jeremy
Old 02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
twinturbostang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CC25 and Ultrafly A/30/24 Problems ??

Sounds like a motor problem to me. Have you checked to make sure the shaft is true? I have a CC25 and A/30/29 that I have been running, and it's doing fine (gear drive though).