Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

kyosho atomic force... with what ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
dyonis-my

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho atomic force... with what ?

i have this 17 turn brushed motor, i have a 40 inch wingspan plane, i would like to use this motor to make it fly.

i cannot go more than 25 AMps with 8 cells

any advice ? direct drive ? a gear ? what propeller ? Do you think it can works ?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:43 PM
AJ1202

Default RE: kyosho atomic force... with what ?

You will need to give just a bit more info to get good advise on your questions
What kind of plane are you trying to put the motor in, how much does it weigh. I'm not familiar with that motor, you say 17 turn, what is that in size rating ie 380, 400, 480, what size ESC are you using. Did you have this motor in something else, if so what was it in
Old 05-22-2006, 01:42 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Wow a question I can answer, I've used this motor and the Endoplasma motor as well. Simular performance the endo just a bit more. I use an atomic force in a Hobbico superstar ep.
I use sud-c size batteries, I've used 6 cell, 7 cell and 8 cell packs, even used a 2s lipo.40 inch wingspan, Well that gets me thinking you may have issues with batteries size. 4/5 c or sud -c is what I recommend.

Try This Atomic force reverse timed , GreatPlanes gd-600 gear box w/ 12t pinion. 11x7 Prop, I use a great planes c-50 esc, but have run it with the stock hobbico esc with is a greatplanes 30amp. if you go to Towers website and look up replacement parts for superstar ep you can get the replacment esc for 10 bucks cheap than the great planes. you can try the 15 t pinion but it'll draw higher amps, should be ok with the 11 to 10" prop range. I run a 12x8e now and have run that large prop with 30 amp stock esc so you should be alright. To Retime the motor look at the
hash mark on the can, rotate the can an equal amount in the oppisite direction and change polarity of input wires now - is + and + is -.

good luck e-mail me if you need to. Randy
Old 05-22-2006, 02:00 AM
dyonis-my

Thank you for all your answers, they helped me.

In fact, i decided to put again this motor in my ECO8 heli, and it works.

Now i have a hurricane 650 motor to use with this box