Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Help with older speed control

Old 03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
stillcantfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with older speed control

I bought this speed control at a swap meet with a radio, receiver and servos, none of it had any documentation. I would really like to know what the max. cell count and amps are, also what the two micro switches do. I have been on the Watt Age website but could find nothing about it. If any of you fellows have one of these I could really use the info. I'm trying to get back into RC planes after 20 years of "house, kids and wife" and everything has changed so much. Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14154.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	434234  
Old 03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Bevo

Default RE: Help with older speed control

The white lead with the red button on the end is your arming switch. Your motor will not turn on until you press that button. A word of caution: While you are flying if you bring your throttle stick all the way down to the off position your motor will turn off and if you try to bring your throttle stick back up the motor will not turn back on until you press that red button again. They made two versions one that wouldn't allow the motor to start back up and the other would allow the motor to fire. As far as amps and cell count not sure? I'll have to check.

Bevo
Old 03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
stillcantfly

Default RE: Help with older speed control

Thanks Bevo
I figured out the red button by hooking up a battery and motor to the speed control. The micro switches are my biggest concern, I thought about just playing with it untill i fiqured them out, but was worried about messing something up.
Im thinking of using this with a GWS Slow Stick.