Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

LiPos gone bad? Help analyze Emeter output

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
wildbill13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPos gone bad? Help analyze Emeter output

I'm having problems hitting the LVC on 2 of my lipo packs. Here's the setup:

Himax 2812-0850
CC PH25
APC 11x4.7 SF

The batteries are
TP 3S2P 2100 Gen2 - a year old, ~150 cycles
TP 3S2P 1320 Gen2 - a year old, ~75 cycles
TP 2S2P 2000 Pro-Lite - brand new, 2 cycles

I posted the Emeter graphical Volt/Amp/Watt/RPM charts at http://members.cox.net/wildbill13/lipo/1147.html
Each test was run with off a fresh charge. I ran the motor up to 1/2 throttle for a short delay, then up to full throttle when I would hit LVC immediately. I repeated this 3 times. You can see the difference from the new Pro-Lite which never hit LVC.

I can only surmise that my 2 old batteries are ready to retire, given that they are hitting LVC even before reaching 12 Amps off a fresh charge.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

What kind of life expectacy are folks getting out of TP Gen 2 packs that've been ridden fairly hard?

(the meter read 3000 RPM at rest, bad lighting perhaps)
TIA,
Bill
Old 04-15-2006, 05:08 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: LiPos gone bad? Help analyze Emeter output

Bill,
That 3000 rpm reading indicates to me that you were indoors, that's the 50 hz flicker , here in the US, a tach indicates 3600 when indoors (60hz X60 sec = 3600 hz/RPM, particularly with fluorescent lampe.
When I need an accurate reading indoors, I turn off lights in the area and shine a flashlight thru from the other side of the prop, with d.c. powered lampe, good reading, no hertz (bad pun intended)
My experience in Lipo's is very limited so I can't help you on that issue, good luck.
Regards,
Pete
Old 04-16-2006, 12:35 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: LiPos gone bad? Help analyze Emeter output

Try a 10x4.7 prop instead, my 2812-1080 didn't like the 11x4.7 prop much at all. When I switched to the 10x4.7 prop alot of my issues went away.