Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Ultrafly brushless upgrade

Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
rdmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultrafly brushless upgrade

I have been running an e-flite 370 brushless with a 2 cell lipo and 20 amp esc. I know nothing about power draw etc. but it gives decent performance. I have used a range of prop sizes and usually use a 10x6. I have bought a ultrafly d/13/32 brushless as a replacement. I was searching for a longer flight time and better climb/takeoff. I will be using a 3:1 gearbox and the supplied 9x6 prop supplied with the kit for starters.The battery and esc will be the same. I am powering an IFO mark 3 that weighs in at slightly less than 10 ounces (300 grams). Could any of the electric guru's give me an idea of the type of performance I could expect.I'm good at building them and a pretty good pilot but am unsure about how all the electric motor stuff works. If it still lacks in the vertical could I move up to 3 cells on either motor to give it some more oomph without cooking it?? If this combo is going to be lacking what are some good suggestions. I would love to have real vertical performance(who wouldn't) but am not married to the idea. Do your worst!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 PM
foo

Default RE: Ultrafly brushless upgrade

I fly a uf motor with a 3/1 box and a9/6.I have used 2 or 3 cell packs with it but mostly 2 cells on a 14oz Tribute,in fact I have a 23 oz plane that I use the same setup on it and goes well too.The data on the motor setup in the instructions are dead on.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:26 AM
bkpilot

Default RE: Ultrafly brushless upgrade

I bought the UF upgrade system and really enjoy it. I runn 2cell li-po and 9.6v NiMh. I am using the 12A brushless speed control from electrify and found that is not enough for it. It will consstantly shut the morotr off if I go full throtle. I am running the 9x6 prop that came with it.....

It sounds like you got enough speeed control to go 3 cell li-po..