Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

prob with programming Eflite esc

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Psikelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prob with programming Eflite esc

OK heres what Ive done. I had a Blade CP, bought the 3 in 1 and RX and turned it into a Pro. I kept the CP TX because I dont want to fly inverted and such so I dont need the extra channels etc.

I just upgraded to the brushless Eflite motor and ESC. Ive always used Thunderbird ESCs and have 0 exp. with any other brand.
1st Q is what exactally does the ESC brake do and how do you use it??

2nd Ive tried programming the ESC as described in the manual on Horizons site BUT, youre supposed to raise the throttle to full, then plugin the ESC and wait for the beeps. But its not beeping with the throttle raised full. Im guessing its because the 4 in 1 wont arm when it senses the throttle is full.

If anyone has any experience with this Id love some help so I can actually FLY my heli.

I also just bought a Spektrum DX6 so if I cant get the CP TX to program the ESC for me then maybe I can program it through the Spek' .Is that posible??
I would rather be able to program through the CP radio
Old 09-03-2006, 06:16 PM
stinky

Default RE: prob with programming Eflite esc

Hi The esc needs to be able to see the full throttle end point. You might need to move your end point adjustments. Or either you need to reverse the throttle. But watch how much you change things as too full up and you will not get full cutoff. In some cases you have to be able to answer yes=full and no=cutoff center = next question!
steve
Old 09-04-2006, 08:08 PM
boodlooder

I'm having similar problems with the E-Flite 25A brushless ESC and a Futaba 6EXH Tx w/ a R146iP Rx. I can't get the ESC to arm, or give me the option to program.

In my 'el cheapo' E-Flite system it comes up ready to rock and roll.

In the Futaba system, I'm on CH3, I've tried reversing the channel and setting end points. The EPA is digital, along with the trims, so I'm setting EPA to 100% and trim to '0'. Still no success.

It beeps on low, then three mid, but I never get the arm 'alarm', or the 'setup' alarm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:24 PM
boodlooder

bumping to get e-mail (forgot to check the box)
Old 09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
260178mp

Hi,
Even I have the similar problem, trying to figure out what is Wrong with this 20A Eflite brushless controller.

I am also using a similar Futaba 6EXH Tx system.
And as you say even I am not getting the alarm beep indicating that it is ready to fly and also does not provide me the setup alarm too.

I wanted to know is this the basic problem with the ESC.
I bought the same ESC again and after some tests even this one gives the same problem.

If you have any solution to this ESC please let me know.
I am From India and did contact the Technical support for the EFLITE.
They wanted me to send the ESC and shall look into it.

Sending and getting it back will cost me $40, so a total waste of money.

If you have solution to this let know

Regards

Mahesh

Bangalore
India