Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

motor prop battery combo?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:53 PM
jabswitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor prop battery combo?

Greetings - I have a requirement for 3-5 lb of thrust at 75 kts for 10 minutes. I am not up to speed on the latest in brushless and LiPo combos. Any suggested motor/prop/battery combos to start with?

Thanks for the inputs!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:44 AM
ACES&8s

Default RE: motor prop battery combo?

Drivecalc
http://www.drivecalc.de/

Higher than 2 lbs thrust is out of my experience. I would recommend using drivecalc, and loading values into it from the database.

I would think a good place to start is the Hacker A30 outrunners, like A30-10XL, 11x5.5 apc e prop and a 3 cell pack of 4000mah @ 12 C. lipo Controller of 60-80 amps is required
Another one would be
Hyperion Z 3025-06 11x5.5 prop and 3 cell 5 amp hour 12c lipo
This Hyperion is a good choice. controller of 80 amps like the castle phoenix 80 is required.
Another would be
AXI 4120 12x6 apc e prop and 4 cell pack or two by two apex 2100 15c or apex 2200 12c and castle phoenix HV 45 ( High Voltage ) 4-12 li-po cells. You could add more than 5 pounds of static with this combination just by adding cells and switching props.

Message me if you would like to get a copy of the database tool.

If you prefer a certain motor, I can do the calc for you.
Ed
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 AM
jabswitch

Default RE: motor prop battery combo?

Thanks for the input!