Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless Motor Cross Reference??

Old 09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Motor Cross Reference??

I just bought a Great Planes Miglet Ducted Fan and I ordered a Ammo Brushless 20-40-3500kV motor which has the following specs on the 370 Hyper Flow ducted fan system

Optional Brushless Motor 20-40-3500

Diameter - 20mm Length - 40mm KV 3500

3 11.1V 15.7A 174W 389g (13.7oz) 35,800 38.81 86.82

My problem is this motor is back-ordered and the shipment status has changed 3 times so I have no idea when i am going to get this motor and I am running out of prime flying weather.

There does not appear to be a brushless motor cross-reference and I am looking for another brand of brushless motor that would cross reference this motor.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Brushless Motor Cross Reference??

You're correct, there is no brushless cross reference. There are simply too many motors to keep track of for it to be done on a hobbyist level, and it's not exactly in the manufacturers' best interest to tell you which of the competitions' motors will replace theirs...

Shopping around is your only option. Just look for motors with similar dimensions and Kv ratings. For example, there are two motors in the Hacker B20L series that are potential replacements: B20 18L and B20 15L. http://www.hackerbrushless.com/motors_b20constants.shtm

Also take a look at the Himaxx 2025-3200: http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-26.html
Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Louis4sun

Default RE: Brushless Motor Cross Reference??

Hi
I try to update 2 EXCEL sheets
One on Outrunners, one on Inrunners
The web site is speaking french
But a table is easy to understand
It's here:
http://electrofly.free.fr
On top click on "telechargements" = "download"
Then go to Moteurs chapter
There are 2 data base, one freeware (in english = AXI_Calc)
and one Powerpoint diaporama (Pictures + french text)
Regards
Louis
From Antony (France)