Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Question About Motor Gear Drive

Old 09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Mooney
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Motor Gear Drive

I have a Multiplex 480 motor with a planatary 4.4:1 gear drive. I had a crash and broke the shaft off the gearbox. My LHS can get me a replacement gear box. They talked to HItec that imports the motor, and they said the gear box unscrews off the motor. They forgot to ask if it was a right or left hand thread. I've tried everything to get it off. Has anyone had any experience with one of these motors?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Question About Motor Gear Drive

Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey

It may be on there really tight, or even loctited on, and may take signifigant torque to remove.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Mooney
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: Question About Motor Gear Drive

I got a new gearbox from my LHS. It's definately a left hand thread. I contacted Hitec service, and they said you have to heat the gearbox to break the Loctite loose.