Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

need a gear box for slow stick help!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 PM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a gear box for slow stick help!!!!

my gear box broke on my slow stick and I have the eps 400 stock motor so I need help finding the correct part
Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 PM
jdetray

Default RE: need a gear box for slow stick help!!!!

[link=http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V498103]BP Hobbies has the gearboxes.[/link] I expect most other GWS dealers also carry them.

- Jeff
Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 AM
sputnikxxx

I realize I can order a gear box at several sites... but with a lip 7.4v setup with eps 400 motor.... which gear box do I need.... they all have different gearing... and I dont know how to tell which one came with mine..... or I was wondering is there one that will work better with stock motor running Lipo
Old 09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
soarhead-RCU

I believe the big gear has a letter on it. Transfer the letter to the gear ratio chart and you will have the #s. To change the ratio on GWS motors you have to change both gears at once. So you have to pull the spur gear off the motor shaft. Much easier to get the whole outfit and just use the old unit for parts. Dont know which 400 gear comes with the SS, on 300 its the D ratio. Just get the whole motor assembly
My .02s
Bob
Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
pilotpete2

Just my 2 cents, but have you considered investing in an inexpensive brushless outrunner like the Esskay 400XT, and kissing your gearbox problems goodby I realise that you would need a new ESC which does raise the cost more, but the 400 XT is only 20 bucks right now at Hobby Lobby, check it out.
Pete