Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Brushless Motor Dead ??? It just Beeps continuously

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless Motor Dead ??? It just Beeps continuously

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 11:58 PM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Motor Dead ??? It just Beeps continuously

I have new ducted fan plane with an GP Ammo Brushless and GP Silver series ESC and when everything is hooked up the motor will not arm. It just constantly beeps and will not turn over. I have reversed the radio throttle, no change. I have switched batteries, no change. I have even swapped ESC controllers with another GP silver series brushless ESC and still no change. The ESC is plugged into the correct spot on the reciver. I don't know what the deal is.

Could the motor be bad?? I don't know how it could be. Its brand new as is everything else I have.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:39 AM
TrainDriver95
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Brushless Motor Dead ??? It just Beeps continuously

Make sure the speed controller i plugged into the throttle on the receiver not the Bat.
If that doesn't work try changing you radio over to Helicopter mode throttle it up then change back too plane mode.
I had the same Problem and found out threw trial and error finally got it up and going.
Take the motor out to run it so it runs revers you can change 2 of the wire only between the speed controller and the motor so it will run the right way.
Good luck Jim Wells
Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

The constant beeping indicates that the ESC is not recognizing that the throttle is in the OFF position. Check that your throttle trim is centered. Check to make sure any EPA and/or ATV settings for the throttle are set to 100%. On a Futaba transmitter, make sure the throttle reverse is set to "reverse."
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 AM
dyrodium

I also had such a problem with the 60A towerpro esc's. If all else fails try hooking up a seperate battery reciever pack. I found out that infact the esc's I was using didnt even have a working BEC (even though it was advertised). However only try this if all else fails. Make sure to have the trottle full LOW before power is applied to the esc, and the transmitter should be turned on before the reciever. All the other tips sound good too. Good luck! (I hate this fiddly things!)
Old 10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

sometimes you have to set the esc....like battery type...# of cells etc