Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

prop saver

Old 10-01-2006, 11:55 AM
stdun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop saver

I need a prop saver for an E-Flite Pwer 25, know where I can get one ?

Check the thread in glow to electric forum for Electric Panther (combat plane conversion)
Old 10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: prop saver

Horizon Hobby has a collet-type adapter that fits, but you can get practically any adapter you want from www.ecubedrc.com.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: prop saver

OH shoot. I thought you were looking for a prop adapter. It looks like you want a prop SAVER.

Well, that's a different story... On a motor the size of a Power 25, a prop SAVER is not practical. If you put enough rubber bands or orings on the prop to hold it in place, it will be held on so tightly that the prop will break in a hard landing. The prop won't stay on if you use only enough bands/orings to allow it to pop off in the event of a hard landing.