Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Disassembly of the Astro 020 Motor

Old 10-07-2006, 09:10 AM
flyingflipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disassembly of the Astro 020 Motor

Anyone know how to disassemble the Astro 020 case? I think I have a loose wire inside may try to fix it myself rather than sending it in for repair. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Disassembly of the Astro 020 Motor

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the wire's broke off inside, even Astro can't fix it. The leads go right into the windings inside the motor case, so there's nothing to solder to.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:01 PM
thejc

Default RE: Disassembly of the Astro 020 Motor

Had the same problem myself. Get apiece of steel about 3/16 inch thick by 3/4 to 1 inch wide. 1 to 3 inches long. In the center drill 3/16 hole about one half way through. Drill 2 holes through large enough to clear mounting screws. These must all line up with the shaft and screw holes in the motor front end bell.Set the shaft in the center hole,put 2 screws throug the steel piece into the end bell and tighten be sure the screws are not so long as to hit the windings. good luck.