Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

SlowStick AP Build up Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:57 AM
thedustypagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SlowStick AP Build up Questions

Ok, so I bought the ARF SLowstick setup from Tower Hobbies. Its the GWS Slow Stick Park Flyer EP ARF w/EPS-400C/BB 46.3"

So now i'm at that point where I ask myself..... "What do I have to do to this thing to get it to handle an Aiptek 1.3mp(SD) cam..?? [&:]

I have a 5 channel Futaba radio (FP-T5UAF) and I ordered a 6 channel reciever to go with it.

So now I need to know what servo's I should get that'll have a long life expectancy on an SS degigned for (AP)... and, is there anything else i'm forgetting about? Because frankly, i'd hate to hook everything I listed above, up.. and then find out that I missed something along the way and now i have to start digging arounf and fitting things here and there. [:'(]

Anyone with knowledge about SS for AP.... and any reccomendations they have, please feel free to share your opinions and ideas.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SlowStick AP Build up Questions

What gearing does this come with. My worry is that even if you use 3s Lipo and C gearing (2.67:1) you'll be thrashing the motor yet getting only 16oz thrust. On E gear (3.4:1) you'll be easier on the motor but get even less thrust. Your SS with camera can hardly come in under 20oz - I'd bite the bullet and get a decent brushless outrunner.

A good upgrade is a quality motor such as the Hyperion Z2213-24 (850Kv and only 53g, compared with 100+g for the 400 and gearbox).

Put an 11x7 GWS HD on a Hyperion on 3s and you can get 34oz @ 44mph.