Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

P-38 Electric ?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
TrainDriver95
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-38 Electric ?

I am putting together a 52" p-38 lightning.
I am thinking about 2 e-flite 480 1084kv brushless motors.
The question I have is do I need to parallel the batteries or run the by them self with each motor?
If I do Parallel them the batteries still have to be by them selves in the motor compartment but tired together in the the middle so I can charge them with being removed.
I do not have the room in the middle fus for both batteries so they will have to go in the motor compartments,Were the fuel tank should go. Can some please send me planes to Parallel them or how I can run them at all. I have 2 e-flite480 at 1084kv, 2 30amp speed controllers and 2200mAh batteries at15c. Please help
Old 11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
coolbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-38 Electric ?

I would suggest running them Parallel if you can and here is why
You can only have ONE of your Speed controllers BEC plugged into the receiver. If Both speed controllers are trying to power the receiver, you will fry it.
Now if you are running a differnet battery to each motor, then that means one battery is powering one motor, and the other battery is powering a motor, reciver, and servos. Not an ideal situation.

Here is a diagram of how I would do it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46519.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	561367