Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Brushless motor suggestions please

Old 11-19-2006, 01:23 PM
GregG7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor suggestions please

I am building a small indoor biplane from plans I found in a model magazine, and would like to power it with a brushless motor and li-po battery. The flying weight of the plane is listed at 8 oz, and it has 485 sq in of wing area. The plane is semi-scale, and I plane on flying it in a scale manor, so I don't need the power to do aerobatics.
The plans call for a GWS IPS-DS2BB motor and gear drive with a GWS 9X7 prop and a 7 cell 190mAh NiCad battery. I would like to use a brushless motor, preferably without a gearbox, and li-po battery. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Fliprob17

Default RE: Brushless motor suggestions please

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1150

Available at horizonhobby.com
Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Brushless motor suggestions please

Here is a cheaper suggestion for a IPS replacement www.m-a-e.com. Westports are quality little CDR type motors made in the USA by a guy in Penn. Their are several different winds for different applications. 3D, slowflier and multi purpose. Mine is the 20t one and is a great little motor for planes up to around 10 ounces I would say. Mine fly most of my 7 & 8 ouncers with good speed and the motor only weighes about 20 grams with the prop. Check em out!!!
Good Luck
Bob