Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Tower Pro bmc25a esc

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:13 PM
mooneymark21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Pro bmc25a esc

Just purchased a couple of these esc (Tower Pro bmc25a) but they came without instructions. So far XHeli (the source) has not responded to my phonecall or email.

Does anyone have or know where I can get programming instructions for these. I have not seen anything specific for this esc. I'd like to get them flying...

Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 06:45 PM
critterhunter

Default RE: Tower Pro bmc25a esc

Tower Pro is know for not providing instructions for their ESCs and even then they are usually the wrong instructions. In addition, several versions of each ESC might be on the market with differing instructions. I went through this problem with the generation two 30 amp ESC. Please go to rcgroups.com in the power sources forum and look under a thread starting with "Coution" (Caution spelled wrong) and something about Tower Pro ESCs in the title. While this thread pertains to the 30 amp unit I bet the instructions may be the same. Either way, you'll find links to various manuals for the TP ESCs on that thread. Read the whole thread so you know what's up!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM
mooneymark21

Thanks Critterhunter but I've been through that thread a couple of times and have not found anyting specific to this esc. If I get it wrong it'll probably fry something so I want to be sure I have the right instructions before I start messing around.

The model is Tower Pro BMC 25a. Here's the link... The esc was advertised as 30a but was delivered as 25a which is ok.

http://www.xheli.com/30aspco.html

It does not have a jumper, but I have also found a couple of versions of instructions that vary in the "Cell type" area with the same # of beeps for 2 or 3 cell lipo. If I get it wrong it'll likely fry something... Also how do I know what to set for "timing mode"?

There were also no instructions with the motor. By my count there seems to be 12 poles with fairly fine windings.

All I know about the motor is below. The motor delivered was also not the one pictured although I hope the specs are similar.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Ron

http://www.xheli.com/a2ha11rpmoub.html

Old 12-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MOST outrunners like a fairly high timing - 10 to 15 degrees.