Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Need help,

Old 01-01-2007, 10:49 PM
estry635

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help,

I'm building a 2 stroke 25 size plane that I would like to convert to electric. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the best set up, or just a good set up for this plane.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
VULTCH

Default RE: Need help,

What plane do you have?

Vultch
Old 01-02-2007, 12:05 AM
estry635

I'm building an A-10. It is a twin engine set up, stick built. The plans say 10-25 size engines.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
VULTCH

Depending upon your budget, the the AXI 2808 Brushless series would be my first choice, but you will need two brushless ESCs to control them. Two LiPo batteries rated at least 2100MAH at 11.1V 3S1P 15C will be needed. Hacker A20 series would probably work well.
This setup will be expensive. If it were mine I would go with a couple of 300watt outrunners from HK on ebay with ESCs to match. They have done well on my single motor planes.
For brushed setup probably a couple of 500 series motors would work.
I would recommend motors rated at least 20 Amps constant. I've never had a twin so I can only guess what may work. I do have 15 planes setup brushless and good success with them.
You may want to move over to the Glow to electric forum for better recommendations.
If you decide to go LiPo batteries be sure to use the correct charger!

Vultch
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
estry635

Thanks. I'll look into those engines. I've seen the outrunners one ebay and they are realy cheap, but I've never heard of them before. Thanks for you help!