Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

brushless motor choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
stix2it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless motor choice

I am currently flying with a 480 brushed w/1:85 to 1 gear box turning a 9x6 prop with a 9 cell 1200mah nimh battery. If I change this to a brushless system what would be a similar setup or slightly stronger. I can go direct drive but would have to build a new firewall.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 PM
mrblucor

Default RE: brushless motor choice

Stix2it,
Brushless and Lipo's is the way to go. In general you want a 200 Watt motor with a KV of about 1000. With a 3 cell 1200 - 1500 and an 18 - 25 Amp speed controller. I run the AXI 2212-20 with a 3 cell 1320 TP and a Thunderbird-18 ESC spinning an APC 8 x 6 slow fly prop. Lots of thrust and good speed. This is a light weight setup and if you convert, you may have to move the batteries forward to make your CG. Mark your CG before you make any changes. Have fun!!!

JB
Old 01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: brushless motor choice

If you want to stay with geared a Multiplex brushless 480 should do the trick - the one posted here might be about what you need: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHGS1&P=WR