Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

HOOKING UP A PROGRAM CARD???

Old 02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
shd3920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOOKING UP A PROGRAM CARD???

How do you hook up a program card, where does it plug into, what kind of plugs do you use and where can I get these plugs? Pics would really be helpful. Please show pics and preferrably web addresses where I can get the plugs from, what they look like, and an installation site that shows how to do.

Thank you.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
jdetray

Default RE: HOOKING UP A PROGRAM CARD???

If you are referring to programming cards for ESCs, each manufacturer's card is different. No two are the same. Some let you change ESC options by moving jumpers, others by pushing buttons.

Here is an [link=http://2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/images/XC_card.wmv]instructional video[/link] from [link=http://2dogrc.com/]2DogRC[/link] on using the Dualsky programming card.

Here is [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jetiblue.htm]a description of the programming card for the Jeti Advance PLUS[/link].

And here is [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/jetispin.htm#SpinBox]a description of Jeti's SPIN BOX[/link], a completely different system.

To use any of these, you plug the ESC's receiver plug into the programming card.

- Jeff
Old 02-18-2007, 01:40 PM
shd3920

Thank you for that info jdetray

So I plug the ESC's receiver plug into the programming card. OK that is simple enough.

But then if the receiver plug goes there what plugs into the receiver?

And how does simply moving a plastic jumper over two pins control the settings?

I thank you so much again, an answer to the above should be all I need now and I'll be all set.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
jdetray

You do not use the programming card and the receiver at the same time! The programming card stays on the ground when you fly.

The programming card is used to set up the ESC. This is often done at home, before you ever go to the flying field. Then you remove the programming card and connect the ESC to the receiver in the usual way. The programming card does not stay in the system when you fly!

The only time you ever hook up the programmjing card is when you want to change the settings of the ESC. Otherwise, the programming card is not used. In fact, if you are happy with the factory settings of the ESC, you will never need to use the programming card at all.

I have no idea how your particular programming card works. If I were you, I'd ask for some instructions from whoever sold you the programming card.

- Jeff
Old 02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
shd3920

Thank you so much, you have helped a great deal and I can not thank you enough. All this time I thought the program card stayed in the plane. thanks again for clearing that up.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:32 PM
shd3920