Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

appollo-25 esc and 11.1 2070 mah lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:05 PM
azouleym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default appollo-25 esc and 11.1 2070 mah lipo

well i have a question......i just bought my first lipo, and brushless set up for my profile planes. well i dont have the instructions in front of me, but i was concerned about the cut off voltages for my lipo battery. I have a thunder power 3s 11.1 2070mah lipo and i belive the instructions on my ESC said that it was pre-programmed by the company to have a cut off voltage of (i think....this is what im remembering...may not be true) 2.9 or 2.6 volts......
my problem is......is that beyond the critical point...because i was told my battery needs to be cut off before the whole pack reaches 9 volts........and 2.9...or any thing below 3 volts is passing the 9 volt range......what do i do? is there a way to re-program the esc?

i appreciate any info.....
Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 AM
VULTCH

Default RE: appollo-25 esc and 11.1 2070 mah lipo

If that is an Ultrafly apollo ESC you will need a program card which you will plug the esc into instead of the receiver for programing. The programing card has several selections to choose from and you simply press buttons to program. I have a couple of the 12 A versions and the only way to program them is with the card. I think TH has them very cheap ~$4 last I priced them.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
azouleym

Default RE: appollo-25 esc and 11.1 2070 mah lipo

cooll....so ifi i buy a card does it have many options in voltage settings ????because if i wanted to have it cut off a 3.4 volts per cell ...ould i be able to do that or do the cards have a fixed setting that you can't adjust???