Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Direction of rotation for a pusher

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
BeFlyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direction of rotation for a pusher

My problem is I can't get my Easy Star to fly. It just goes up a little and then to the ground. I have a CC 20A ESC and used 9 cell NiMh and also 3 cell LiPo.

I replaced my speed 400 with a 400BB motor but first I took apart the 400BB to look inside. Put it back together but learned I should have marked the case with the end housing for timing. I used a compase to determine the + magnet and reassembled it with the + terminal near the + magnet, hooked a battery up while I twisted the end until I could hear the max RPM then fastened it down.

OK so far?

I was told the motor should spin c'cw while looking at it. Is that correct? Mine spins CW while looking at it and when monuted as a pusher, the prop I use correctly pushes air to the rear.

Still OK?

I have used am APC 5.0 x 5.0 and a Master Airscrew 6 x 3. i turned them both around just to be sure they were on correct and they seem to be pushing air but obviously not enough. Which is the leading edge on a prop, the slightly rounder edge like the leading edge on a wing that tapers back to a sharp edge?

I broke in the motor by runnig it in water for about 10-12 minutes.

Anything obvious I am doing wrong? What else should I try?

Thanks for any helpful advice.