Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

LIPOs, ESC and Motors Books or Articles?

Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
PiperBNP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIPOs, ESC and Motors Books or Articles?

Hi:

I am new to LIPOs, ESC and Motors.. How do I size an ESC, LIPO and Motor for a electric plane or foamy? Any recommendations on articles or books would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!
[email protected]

Old 04-18-2007, 06:26 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: LIPOs, ESC and Motors Books or Articles?

Do a Google search on MotorCal. This program will help. Basically, you need to get about 100 watts per pound to fly easily or 150 watts per pound for 3D. The Lipos are rated in turms of "Capacity" or current such as MHA (milli amp Hour). This is how much current can it supply in on hour. Motors will draw current depending on many factors, number of stators, number of turns per stator, etc. and including the size of the prop. That's why I like computer programs like MotorCal.

Hope this helps some. I'm sure if you ask a hundred people you'll get about a hundred different answers.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 AM
PiperBNP

Default RE: LIPOs, ESC and Motors Books or Articles?

Thanks you very much.. I just found the program!!