Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Where to get magnets?

Old 05-12-2007, 12:22 AM
BeFlyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get magnets?

I have an AXI 2814/10 that crashed on the first flight. I bent the shaft slightly and broke one of the outrunner magnets. I'd like to replace the magnet and shaft. Can't get one from the dealer, but there must be some one who builds or has motor parts?
Old 05-13-2007, 12:28 AM
jdetray

Default RE: Where to get magnets?

A good source for magnets is Mr. George:
http://www.engconcepts.net/List_Of_Motor_Magnets.asp

I've bought magnets from him for my homemade brushless motors. He does not specifically carry magnets for any particular commercially-built motor, but you might be able to match the size from his large selection. Determining the strength of the broken magnet is another matter and not particularly easy to do.

Hobby-Lobby is the distributor of AXI (Model Motors) in the USA. They offer out-of-warranty replacement at half price. This might apply to your motor, though it sounds like the motor will have to be returned to Hobby-Lobby by the vendor from whom you bought the motor. More info here:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/axi-warranty.htm

- Jeff
Old 05-13-2007, 04:15 AM
BeFlyin

Thanks Jeff. Mabey it would be smar tp replace all the magnets so they match but they are not that easy to remove. I heated up the broken ones with a lighter.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:21 AM
jdetray

When magnats get too hot, they lose some of their strength. If you overheated any of the adjacent, unbroken magnets with the lighter, you may have ruined them.

- Jeff