Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

motr want stay going

Old 10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
atvracer87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motr want stay going

i got a brand new motor and esc.but at full throttle the engines jsut cuts out.i jsut got a new 3sell 1200mah 20c lipo brand new so i know wats up.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: motr want stay going

We need information: what motor, what ESC, what prop?????????????

Are you sure the pack is fully charged - has it been discharged and recharged a few times????

What is your LVC set at?????
Old 10-07-2007, 09:28 AM
atvracer87

well i got this motor and esc http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBI...idProduct=4708 but i put a smaller prop on it than the package came with.im very new to electric and rc and dont think i discharged my battery.how do i do it?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Dr Kiwi

If you have anything more than an 8" prop on it, you may be close to the limit for the ESC. I'd try a smaller prop (7x5?) and just see if the same thing happens. Your pack may well be fine: but normally Lipo packs are delivered with less than full charge, and they need to be fully charged, then discharged a few times to "cycle" them and get the best from them. Run the motor gently, at low throttle, just to drain some of the pack, then recharge.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:10 PM
atvracer87

i just got dun recharging 3 times and still the same thing.u think my esc needs programming for my setup?if so can u give me the setting i need for the combo i posted above and a 1200 mah 3 cell 20c lipo?