Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Effeciency of GWS slow flyer props compared to APC.

Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Effeciency of GWS slow flyer props compared to APC.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM
cyclops2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Effeciency of GWS slow flyer props compared to APC.

I find the GWS orange SF props recommended for their 2208 & 2205 to be developing more static thrust with less amps. The rpm's are always in the 40 to 50 mph range.

The prop are really thin so they slice thru the air at the low speeds of the motor range.

APC likes to make very thick hub areas. Creating a displacement foil which is common to high rpm props. Nitro-gas- inrunners direct drive.

Anybody else also run a test on these motors and props and come up with the same results as me?