Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Is it possible???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible???????

Can a system glitch because of weak batteries in the TX? I having issues with my brushless system glitching really bad. I tried moving the ESC all over the place and nothing seems to be working. But i know the batteries in my TX are a little old. Just dont have any new ones to replace them yet. But could that be it? Someone help
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Is it possible???????

Well, the Tx is trying to communicate with the Rx (not directly with the ESC) - have you done a range check - if the batteries are weak the signal may be too low to communicate correctly with the Rx. Are you sure your antenna is okay. Now you can address the Rx to ESC issue. Does the Rx control the surfaces correctly or is it just an ESC to motor issue.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 PM
joeyhatch11

It's a ESC to motor issue. Steering is fine and range is pretty good. I'm thinkning it may be my motor. It's a Hacker brushless with alot of run time on it. Not too sure what else to try. Any suggestions?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:34 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Fix the first known problem. WEAK batteries In the transmitter and or the receiver. Either, will drive a model nuts.

I range checked a old plane at 20' and had motor and servos hopping around. Full recharge of TRANS & REC. All became fine.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
tcclong

Weak batteries can definitely cause problems. I had a plane go down because I let the TX batteries get too low. Also, the nicd batteries that most TX's use can go south pretty fast when they get old. I've had some that would work fine for a few minutes and then the battery would just crash, and you would lose control. Also, cheap RX's or ones with damaged antennas can cause big problems. My plane has been acting up, twitching, doing all kinds of funny things. I replaced the receiver and now all is great. I doubt the ESC placement is the problem. The ESC current shouldn't affect the RX, so the placement of the ESC shouldn't really matter.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:58 PM
ray foley

hi there from Toledo

Put a toroid choke in the ESC to rcvr signal cable. This cures a multitude of odd occurrences.

ciao -rjf