Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

batt. que.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batt. que.

I have a 8.4 volt batt. and I use it in a firebird freedom, the reciever only handles 8.4volts. The problem I have is when I fully charge it then I fly it and it only seems to last only a few min. lilke no more than 5 min. Thing is I just bought a new battery, I try to fly it high and cut the throttle off every now and then to conserve the energy but it still doesnt fly longer than I like it to.

It was cool to see three hawks flying near my plane sharing the thermals I try to follow them to see if I can pick up any air rising from the parking lot and the grass. Also I was flying in mid day when the thermals are at its peak time.

Do any of you think the cold has something to do with the batt. issue? The temp today was 57 degrees and 58 percent humidity. I was flying it today when I started to experience the batt. not producing enough time for me to fly.

I also wonder if there is a website I can browse on to see if they carry a 8.4 lithium ion or lithium polymer batt.? or is there no such batt. like that? would I have to completely swop out a new motor and reciever in order to prevent the electronics getting fried? thanks!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: batt. que.

Lithium battery cells are normally 3.7 volts per cell. So, you can have 3.7, 7.4, 11.1 volts and so on. As you add another cell you just add 3.7 volts to the total output. This becomes the number of cells in series.

The temperature you gave normally should not affect the flight times you indicated.

Have you tried to cycle the battery? Is the motor brushed or brushless?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 AM
CRAZYRYAN

I believe its a brushed motor the batt. are brand new just got them. when you say cycling do you mean to let the juice all out of the batt.?

can someone refer me a website that sells the 7.4 lithium polymer or ion batt.?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
RedGN

CRAZY.... Are you charging the batteries fully? When the motor cuts out, what i do is start it up to half throttle until it cuts out again. If the motor only last about 5 min before cutting out the motor at full throttle. If the motor cuts out at half throttle go to quarter throttle until it's just about done. THen wait till battery cools down. THen charge.

Question. which charger do you have the DC peak charger or the wall charger. If you have the dc peak charger then set it to about 1.0amps and it should take about 1 hour to charge. ( 1000mah) if the light stays on solide pre mature then unplug and plug it in again.

If you have the wall charger them get a dc peak charger. The wall charger don't work well at all.

Good Luck
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 PM
CRAZYRYAN

I have a cig. connecting charger thanks for the input!!