Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Power for GP Ultimate 3D?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power for GP Ultimate 3D?

Santa was extra nice to me this year, since I've been such a good guy over the past 12 montsh... So, now i'm the proud owner of the GP Ultimate. Tower says this thing comes in at around 30 oz, or almost 2#. If I use the rule of thumb of 150w X weight (lbs)= Wattage for powerplant, I come up with around 300-400 watts. I've seen the posts regarding the rimfire motors, so I'm shying away from them. What would be the consensus for a good 350-400 watt motor/esc combination for this thing?

Thanks!
mcmike
Old 12-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power for GP Ultimate 3D?

Maybe?: Extreme Flight Torque 2814T/820

143 gr

38 amp ESC

3 Li-po 13x6.5 APC-e

4 Li-po 12x6 APC-e

This is the motor we designed the Yak-54E around. Powerhouse motor for 30-45 ounce aerobatic aircraft and even larger sport flyers.

$79.95
plus shipping